Wednesday, June 29, 2011

5 months old



Palmer turned 5 months old this past Sunday and I can't believe how much he has changed in just this tiny sliver of his lifetime. He loves to stand up now and push against anything with his legs. He has one leg that especially likes to kick too. We do a variety of activities during the day to keep him entertained- any one thing gets old after a while I guess! Palmer likes to lay on his back on his changing table and grab/talk to the sheer curtain on the window. He is getting more comfortable in the bumbo and is playing with toys in the exersaucer too! He spends less time in the Bjorn now since he's getting heavier and more willing to lounge somewhere instead of being carried.

I can definitely tell when he's sleepy- that's when most of his talking happens! He rolled from his back to his tummy yesterday for the first time on the floor and today he went from tummy to back in his crib while we were playing in the mirror. I couldn't believe my eyes on the first one! He is not a big fan of being on his stomach, so I think it was kind of an accident. Palmer is eating rice or oatmeal baby cereal mixed with some pumped milk most days, but sometimes he isn't interested or we just don't get to it! Maybe at 6 months I'll be a little more vigilant about convincing him.

We have had some sleep regression over the past several weeks, but generally it's just 3 am or later that he starts waking up. I give him the pacifier to put him back to sleep if it is anytime before 7. (Sometimes if I've had to get up multiple times I'm so tired that I'll just go ahead and give in at 6 and nurse him.) Our morning routine is nursing while I watch some of the Today show, then we go in the kitchen so I can get coffee from my Keurig. I drink my coffee and pump while he sits in his bouncer. If he stays happy long enough I check him email too! Next is a visit to the foster kitties to give them breakfast, playtime in the living room, a bath if necessary, and his first nap about 2 hours after he wakes up.

Mornings are my favorite times at home with him- he's pretty happy and mellow and it's cool enough that we can go sit on the porch swing together and watch the cars drive by! I'm really enjoying my time with him and keep reminding myself to soak it up and kiss his neck and belly and feet while it's still socially acceptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment