Thursday, June 2, 2011

4 months!

Palmer went to the doctor on Wednesday for his 4 month well check. He is still doing great! The doctor was impressed with his big size having never had formula- he's 15 lb 5 oz and in the 75th percentile for weight. His height is 90th %! That's why this long baby can't wear footie pj's in his size I guess. He squealed and smiled at the doctor, held his head up on his stomach, and passed all his other developmental "tests" too. The nurses always tell me how cute he is which I completely agree with. His shots were not nearly as traumatic as the 2 mo visit, which was a relief. He was a little concerned after the first, then when the second one hit he burst into tears. They didn't last long though so it wasn't a big panic attack like last visit.

We started rice cereal once a day upon the dr's recommendation. I was excited and stopped at Target on the way home from the appointment to pick some up. I just mix it with an ounce or two of breast milk and he definitely enjoyed it! It's kind of weird to think about this being the first food other than my milk that he's eaten! Doc said to wait on veggies and fruits til closer to six months. Last night was the first night in a while that he (and I) got 6 hours of straight sleep, but I don't know if it's a coincidence or has to do with him being more full from the cereal. I'll keep feeding it to him and cross my fingers!

Here's a recent picture of our sweet boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment