Monday, June 20, 2011

father's day

Before I recount the fun times we had yesterday, I need to brag a little. I've pumped 13 five ounce bottles of milk since school got out! I'm trying to stock up since I'll be away from Palmer for a two night girls trip in July. I think I'll shoot for 20 bottles and then take a break from my morning pumping session for a while.

Palmer and I gave Tyler a trendy Shutterfly version of the obligatory photo mug for his first Father's Day! Tyler rode his bike for a while in the morning, we had a big breakfast of pancakes and bacon, then after Palmer's first nap we headed to Allen to visit Tyler's dad and his wife Kendra. They just had a pool put in and it was wonderful! Palmer and I got all slathered up with pasty baby sunscreen since we've spent about the same amount of time in the sun during his 4 3/4 months. . . zero minutes. Palmer gave a couple little gasps when the water got to his belly, (don't we all), but otherwise tolerated "swimming" very well! He actually fell completely asleep at one point when I was holding him. We're looking forward to many more swim days to come.

Later in the afternoon we had dinner at my parents' in Lewisville with the highlight of ice cream sundaes with bananas foster! All in all, it was a busy day but a good day with lots of family loving on Palmer. . . lots of food too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment