Thursday, June 9, 2011

a whole new world

Palmer is getting in tune with everything going on around him lately! He notices people coming in and out of the room and turns his head to find me and Tyler when we talk to him. I never thought this would happen, but he's actually been getting distracted while eating! I used to talk on the phone sometimes when he was nursing, but now if I'm on the phone he stops nursing to look up at me and smile every few seconds! Guess he thinks I'm talking to him. He's doing other sweet things now like laying his hand on my arm when he's on my lap and resting his head on my chest when he's sleepy. This morning we just laid on the bed for 15 mins or so to talk and smile and cuddle! He also likes to stick his legs straight up in the air when he's on his back and work those ab muscles.

I got to take him to Kindermusik today for the first time since my maternity leave and it was so fun! He's changed a lot since the last time I went with him and he's watching the other babies and moms the whole time. Something else that's changed since then- his weight! Geez that infant seat is getting heavy and awkward! He does so well in the car now- just looks out the window or plays with one of the jingly toys on his car seat. If he's sleepy when he get in the car, I just give him a pacifier and he's out after 10 minutes or so on the highway. This is such a difference from his first couple of months when he though the car seat was a baby torture device.

It just fills me up with warm fuzzies that I get to see his sweet smiles and touch his soft baby skin anytime of day now that school is out. We've been listening to NPR lately on the radio in the kitchen while I cook or do dishes and he chews on a rattle. After the first 6 weeks (the painful stage), nursing has been going really well and that's special time for us too. Since we aren't rocking him to sleep much anymore, it's relaxing to sit in the glider and feed him sometimes. Here are some pictures of our big boy on his tummy and holding his toy with both hands!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of him on his tummy! I am so glad that you are writing all of this down. Krishna and I were just talking about Maddie turning TEN this year. That is crazy to me that I was feeling these feelings you are ten years ago. Feels like yesterday! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete