Tuesday, May 31, 2011

counting down

Only 4 more days of pumping! I am getting really sick of it so I'm relieved it is close to being over. Sitting in a storage room with no windows by yourself isn't the most fun way to spend a half hour at a time. I'll be glad to nurse Palmer instead and save pumping for whenever Tyler and I have a night out. I'm relieved that I've made it through this 6 weeks (almost) and my milk supply is still good- no formula yet! Thank goodness- I don't want to add that expense to our grocery bill unless we have to.

It's exciting to only have a few more days of school since I'm ready to be with Palmer all day again, but it's sad to have my last few days of school with all my great coworkers. I think about it a lot that if only I could do both- teach, be with my friends, make money, AND be Palmer's mom at home all day- that would be perfect. . . I guess everyone has to choose though. I am going to focus on soaking up this time with him as a little sweet baby because I'm sure it's going to fly by just like his first four months have! Our budget will definitely be tight with me not working, but there are more important things than money, like memories :) Cheesy, I know.

2 comments:

  1. Money is tight on one income, but you're right, the reward of staying home is far greater! Congrats on becoming a stay at home mom! It's the best and most important job you'll have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie- We'll have to get together sometime and meet each other's little ones!

    ReplyDelete