Monday, January 17, 2011

39 week appointment

I had my most recent appointment Tuesday at 10:30. I've been having a lot of contractions lately, especially ones that keep me up at night, so my belly has been sore. When my doctor felt around on the outside to tell what position the baby is in I realized how tender I was! She said I'm 70% effaced and still dilated the same from last week. She said I'm basically ready to go into labor since I'm effaced so much, but there's still no telling when he's gonna come!

She stripped my membranes (which if you don't know, involves separating the edge of the amniotic sac from the cervix), and I had lots of cramping and lower back pain for the rest of the day. Some people go into labor from the procedure so I had my hopes up a little bit- but nothing has come of it so far except a night of obnoxious contractions that kept me awake. On the upside I've gotten a lot of reading done lately when I haven't been sleeping!

I can't believe my due date is only 4 days away. I was telling Tyler the other day that even though the logical part of my brain realizes I won't be pregnant much longer, the other side of my brain thinks this baby is never going to come! I can't wait to spread the good news when labor starts and again when we meet our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment