Tuesday, September 11, 2012

change is hard

Especially for a toddler!  Palmer started Mother's Day Out last week at a church near us in McKinney.  Even though we went to Meet the Teacher the prior week and he got to see his classroom, my sad boy cried off and on the whole five hours :(  Of course I cried too!  I hate to think of him missing me all day, but know that we just have to get through this rough spot.  We took him to the same church's nursery on Sunday morning to leave him for a shorter time and although he still cried, I think it was the right thing to do.  It's been a doozy of a few days for him since he ALSO stayed in the nursery during my mom's group meeting at church in Plano Monday morning.  I'm hoping with practice he'll realize that mommy always comes back and he should play in the meantime!

The highlights of an otherwise rough day. . . Palmer loves his backpack, lunch box, and getting all dressed with shoes for school :)


1 comment: