Friday, September 14, 2012

mind games

What a long night! Last night around 10 I watched project runway on our DVR and goofed around on the iPad. I was a little worried our A/C had gone out again because I felt really hot and uncomfortable! Then realized it was kind of coming in waves with some Braxton hicks. (checked thermostat and it was fine :)).  After an hour and a half or so I decided to follow some tips I have been given by my midwife to calm the bh contractions so I could get some sleep.  I drank some water and took a warm bath, then read for a little while in bed, laying on my left side.  Contractions stayed basically the same through all this instead of fading.  Maybe every 15 or 20 mins?  Some stronger than others so I wasn't recording the times.

I think I finally fell asleep at 1:30 or so, but woke up with a few pretty strong ones at 2:00, 3:00, and 3:30. I got up at 4 thinking about all the things I need to do if "this is it".  I put a load of laundry in, folded some diapers, read over the "when to call" list from the birthing center, and now here I sit, waiting and timing.  Here's my data for now!

4:20, 4:33, 4:45, 4:54, 5:05

I found a Hugh Grant movie on tv, but I am hoping to get a little more sleep before Palmer gets up at 6:30ish.  It's exciting and also maddening to not know if this is real labor or just practice, but I guess only time will tell! 38 weeks and 6 days sounds good to me. . .but remember I went past my due date with Palmer.  I will update later, one way or the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment