Wednesday, November 9, 2011

times they are a changin'

Palmer is such a busy boy lately! He REALLY wants to crawl, so I think it won't be much longer now. Diaper changing has become quite a challenge as he desperately contorts himself to twist onto his stomach. If he's sitting on the floor, he scoots little by little to get up close to a table or chair. Next, comes gnawing on said piece of furniture, or trying to pull up! He doesn't quite have the strength yet, though.
Palmer loves his mega bloks- he bangs them, shakes them, taps them, chews them. . . He is especially intrigued when you add a block to one he's holding- WOAH, mind blown. Things that make crinkly noises are equally as fun. This includes plastic sacks (so safe, right?), newspaper, foil, and most other kinds of packaging. It's fun to sit on the floor in the living room, sorting through the Sunday paper, handing him each section as I'm finished with it. Did you know you can play a toy piano with a crumpled ball of paper? Palmer excels at this!

Other changes lately include Palmer drinking 2 bottles of formula a day. At the 9 month mark, I decided I would like to keep my shirt on a little more, and wear nursing bras a little less. The current arrangement, (which I will keep up til he switches to cows milk at 12 months), is 4 am: nurse, 7:30 nurse, 10:30 bottle, 1:30 nurse, 4:30 bottle, 7:00 nurse. I am happy to keep nursing for a few more months- but it is inexplicably liberating to feed him a bottle twice a day! I think I will definitely miss breastfeeding once he weans completely- it's a bonding time I'll be sad to let go of.

I am having so much fun shopping and making plans for the holidays and love that Palmer will have his first Thanksgiving and Christmas at such a fun age. Yay presents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment