Tuesday, July 10, 2012

should be sleepin'

I should be in bed right now, but I've got so much on my mind!  First off, selling a house, buying a house, packing and moving keep my to-do list infinite.  Second, I have to go to the doctor tomorrow for a highly unpleasant reason.  I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test at my last prenatal appointment, so now they want me to do the 3 hour test.  Unlike the first test, (where you drink the stuff at home and go to have your blood drawn an hour later), for the 3 hour test you get your blood drawn FOUR times over the span of a three hour appointment.

I don't have a needle phobia or anything, but c'mon, four times?  That's a little much.  Oh, and this is after you chug a syrupy (twice-concentrated compared with the first test) drink.  On an empty stomach. In the midst of a 12 hour fast.  I know there's a reason for the test, that gestational diabetes can be bad for the baby, and I want to be healthy as can be, but it just makes for a pretty crummy half day away from this little man.  Can't I just stay home and watch Sesame Street with my sweet boy?


Here we are out on the porch a couple days ago, enjoying watching the rain come in.  We'll definitely miss this house!  As you may also have noticed, Palmer rarely wears pants at home in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Robin I will say an extra prayer that you will feel Gods presence and with his pease tolerate the yucky drink and especially the blood draws. Deep breaths and good ghoughts will get you through sweet girl!
    Love to you all from The Conleys

    ReplyDelete