Thursday, March 17, 2011

sleep

Palmer did a great job sleeping last night! He ate around 10:30, went to bed at 11, and slept til 3!!! After eating he went back to sleep around 4:00 and slept til 7:00. I think I was able to get about 6 hours! Despite getting up in the middle of the night I feel so much more rested. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction! Fussy McCriesalot has been quite a pill during the day but if he's going to sleep so much at night I'll definitely take that deal! Oops, mister crankypants is demanding attention- gotta go. . .

UPDATE:

An even better night Thursday night! I think he must have been pooped from shopping earlier in the day, fussing in the afternoon, and crying at the restaurant while Tyler and I had dinner. He got a bath around 9, ate at 9:45, and went to sleep at 10:30! I thought for sure he would be up soon, so I read my book for a little while, but he was still down at 11 so I went to sleep too. Fast forward to 4 am when I wake up in PAIN because he hadn't nursed in 6 hours! I got up and pumped a couple ounces for some relief and went to sit in bed with my lamp on because SURELY he would wake up soon, right? Nope- slept til 6! Don't get me wrong- I'm very happy with this new development, but will my body eventually adjust? If you've breastfed you can relate- it gets painful, uncomfortable, and messy when they go too long between feedings. I'll be up at 3 or 4 to pump if he doesn't wake up to eat, so it's not much more restful than feeding him in the middle of the night. We'll see how things go tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment