Tuesday, February 22, 2011

update on baby stuff!

Palmer is doing great at almost a month old! He's a little easier to handle during the day now since he doesn't mind sitting in the bouncer or swing for a few minutes while he's awake. (A couple of weeks ago he was having none of that!) We go through a couple of outfits a day since his poops are pretty explosive, so adding that to the burp rags, swaddle blankets, and bed sheets makes for a pretty constant flow of baby laundry.


Palmer has started really liking his baths every other day- until you take him out of the water, that is. I usually feed him right after and love the way he smells with his Johnson's and Johnson's wash and lotion- YUM!

Breastfeeding is going well, but it is definitely a lot of work! I'm pining for a full night's rest and know that would be possible if Tyler gave him a bottle of formula, but I'm going to stay the course knowing nursing is truly the best thing for Palmer. One obvious pro is that his diapers don't really stink at all!

We've been getting out of the house a little more lately and I'm going to take a chance and try to get out to Kohl's this afternoon. Sometimes I feel like I'm holding my breath the whole time we're in public, just hoping he doesn't suddenly realize he's hungry and have a meltdown. That boy can SCREAM when he is hungry!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a pump?? Cuz you can pump and leave bottles of bm for the night feedings! That's what I did a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I did get a pump a couple weeks ago. I've been freezing a few bottles for babysitter nights and starting a stock for going back to school.

    I think even if Tyler fed him at night I would still be awake the whole time though since his nursery is right by our bedroom! I'm a really light sleeper so it would probably defeat the purpose of going to all that work to pump.

    ReplyDelete