Thursday, February 10, 2011

home from the hospital. . .

Let's backtrack a little bit since I'm a couple weeks behind on updating- I figured out that wearing him in the moby wrap lets me type on the computer- amazing!

Coming home with Palmer from the hospital on Friday the 28th was a little surreal! Not scary, just weird to leave with a whole additional person! We were hungry for some lunch so we stopped at Whataburger on the way home and our sweet boy slept in his carseat in the living room long enough for us both to eat- simultaneously! One thing I've noticed about having a newborn- it is quite a feat to sit down for a meal together and have the baby cooperate.

Our first two nights at home were a little rough- little Palmer was awake and VERY fussy from about 1 or 2 to 5 or 6 each night. The second night I had a mini-breakdown with lots of tears (I tend to cry when I'm tired. . .). Since then we haven't had such a long stretch of crying, so that's been a relief. Now I'm feeling completely recovered from the birth so that makes things a lot easier too.

We took him to his first pediatrician's appointment and to the lactation consultant the following Monday and he got rave reviews all around! They said he was eating well, gaining weight, has no jaundice whatsoever, and is a strong boy with good reflexes.

The nurse practitioner commented on how his mommy was already combing his hair- actually that was daddy! Sunday night before the doctor he got his first bath, lotion, and hair brushing. Johnson's & Johnson's smells soooo good, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment