Wednesday, December 15, 2010

almost there. . . (Christmas break & baby!)

I made it within three days of Christmas break without getting sick this fall! I guess I shouldn't have been bragging the other day that I hadn't been sick in a while and reminded the powers that be to afflict me with strep throat. I'm bummed to not be at school today because I've missed a lot recently already, plus I had tutorials and test makeups scheduled along with our science department happy hour tonight :( I thought about coming in for a half day this afternoon but I'm really glad I didn't try that because I'm still feeling pretty gross.

I'll have some catching up to do and lots of loose ends to tie to finish the week out, but at least I'm not infecting others and wearing myself down trying to be there today. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow morning miraculously healed and ready to tackle Thurs/Fri! One thing Tyler and I are REALLY looking forward to is seeing his sister Lauren's new house! They closed today on a pretty one-story in Edmond, OK on a big lot and I can't wait to head up there Saturday to see it! The car ride probably won't be pleasant with this baby boy's feet in my ribs, but it will be fun to visit and help them get organized.

I've spent a lot of my sick day home on the computer researching whether we should put the baby on Tyler's health insurance or mine. There are so many variables to compare- premiums, deductibles, copays, out of pocket max, blah blah blah. A lot to think about! Our goal is to get this sort of thing, along with installing the car seat and getting the room ready, finished by Jan 1. That way even if baby Gump comes a little early we'll be in good shape. We got to see a cute little newborn bathed and bundled up in the nursery at one of our childbirth classes and it got me really excited to meet our own baby!

We've been talking a lot about it and have decided we're going to announce the name to everybody on his birthday. It's fun to have that little secret between just the two of us (plus it leaves us the freedom to change our minds on the spot!). It will be fun to introduce him in just a few weeks :) Even though my throat is really hurting and I'm stressed about a few things, I have to say- life is good. I've got BOTH my cats inside snuggling on the couch, my best friend as my husband, and a baby on the way who I know will change our lives for the better. I think it will be a very merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment