Tuesday, June 5, 2012

big boy room

Can it be a big boy room if there's still a crib?  I think so!  Palmer got all new bedding and will now be sleeping in the front bedroom of the house.  I was ready to have him out of the sunroom nursery that's attached to our room.  This made sense to make space physically and mentally for the new baby on the way!  I had been holding off on making this change since we WERE moving, but for now, we're staying right here.  It feels good to clear out the dresser in the sunroom and be able to start putting newborn stuff in there, plus I had a great time decorating Palmer's room!

I had planned on going to the Container Store to get some cute storage items to match his bedding, but we hit Walmart first and found everything we needed!  (Plus saved oodles of money I'm sure!).  It's hard to get a good picture of the room since it's small, but here is one of his crib.


Wanting to hang the quilt the day it arrived, and not wanting to mess with sewing loops on the back to use a dowel rod, my mom and I had to get creative!  I found unfinished wooden stars at Hobby Lobby, craft paint, and these white clips at Walmart.  I already had a paintbrush and a hot glue gun, so the grand total cost of the project came to $4!   







P.S.  I have a bunch of extra clips if anyone wants to give this a try themselves :)  Hobby Lobby has lots of different unfinished AND already painted wooden shapes you could use!





No comments:

Post a Comment