Tuesday, January 17, 2012

to be brief

I was in a discussion recently in a Facebook group about what cloth diapers you like/don't like, and thought I would post what I said here, in case any of you reading are considering cloth diapers or know someone who is!

Robin Gump
  • I love BumGenius, Flip, & Econobum! This is a "family" of cloth diaper brands all made by Cotton Babies, Econobum being the most bare bones and least expensive, using prefolds. Flip is a little nicer, with flaps to hold in fancier inserts, strechy tabs for a better fit, and cute colors. BumGenius is the nicest and most expensive of the three, but still would give you money savings over disposables if used long term. BumGenius has all-in-one options which are the easiest to use, plus pocket diapers if you prefer to adjust absorbency. Flip & BumGenius have organic cotton options for some of their diapers if you're into that for a higher price. I have a LOT of different brands of cloth diapers that I like, but Cotton Babies is a great place to start for a beginner :)

  • Robin Gump The only diapers I have purchased that I don't like are Kissaluvs fitted diapers. I have other fitted diapers that I love, but this particular brand has a strange fit over my son's legs and sometimes leaks since the diaper doesn't fit well under a normal sized cover.

  • Robin Gump OK, last thing. I HIGHLY prefer diapers with snaps over velcro (aplix). The velcro wears out over time, can stick to other things in the wash, and older babies can sometimes open up their own diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment