Monday, January 9, 2012

new camera!

Thanks to overpaying federal withholding taxes in 2011, having a baby, and paying an inordinate amount of medical bills- we are getting a good size tax refund this year! In anticipation of said return, we bought ourselves a Nikon D3100 SLR camera- yay! We talked about getting one before Palmer was born, and then again probably 6 months ago, but never could bear to shell out the money. Thank goodness we don't owe any taxes this year and we can get a snazzy special treat!

I'm going to switch to using "I" because "I" am the one that's a little more into the camera thing than Tyler :). I picked Nikon rather than Canon, mainly because that's what my mom has (a D90) and I am already a little familiar with them. I picked the 3100 out of their DSLR options because it already has more than enough features to keep me busy and eternally underutilizing this device. I got the common package that comes with an 18-55 mm zoom lens, and got an extra lens that I read a lot of great reviews of online. The 35 mm f/1.8G is a fixed lens, meaning no zoom, but it is ideal for low light conditions. Low light= our entire house! I'm so excited to be able to take pictures of Palmer with no flash when needed. Our old camera would wash out faces with the flash, but be waaay too dark to do without it. I think I've found the solution!

We went ahead and bought the camera before actually getting our tax refund since we will be leaving to go on a trip to Hawaii in early February with Tyler's dad and dad's wife, Kendra. It would be just crazy to not have our new SLR in Hawaii, right?? So, anyway, we're counting our chickens before they hatch and all that. Here's a quick picture I took of Palmer before dinner tonight with the new camera!

Ain't he cute?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment