Monday, August 29, 2011

unpaper towels

Goodbye expensive paper towels! You have been replaced by, er, UNpaper towels. (Also known as towels). I got these on Etsy from LittleWondersDesign and can't wait for the first mess so I can use them!

A few weeks I had paper towels on my shopping list, but was disgusted at how expensive they were (and always are) at the store. Here is an earth and wallet friendly alternative. They are thin, sturdy, and absorbent. I happen to think they are quite lovely to look at too :)

I folded them in half, with half of the next towel tucked under half of the one before so the folds alternate which side they are on and when you pull out one unpaper towel, another perks up for future grabbing. We had an extra canister not occupied by a baking ingredient, so it became my unpaper towels' unpaper home. Yay!

P.S. Before you ask: YES I am still using disposable toilet paper and plan to continue indefinitely.

2 comments:

  1. These caught my attention...do you like them?!? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do like them a lot! Even with coupons and sales, I think disposable paper towels cost too much to be throwing in the trash. It's nice to know I can wipe down the counter, Palmer's bumbo, or a spill on the floor without constantly hearing "cha-ching" in my head. I also cover food in the microwave with these and use them to set spoons on when I'm cooking- basically everything I was using paper towels for before.

    As soon as I run out of disposable napkins, I'm just going to start using these for that too! Why not?

    I washed them first before using WITHOUT fabric softener and tumble dried them with NO dryer sheet which keeps them from building up residue that makes them less absorbent. Since I'm already doing a load of cloth diapers every other day or so, I just throw these in there too so it isn't much extra laundry.

    Did you check out that Etsy shop? I like all the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete