Thursday, July 21, 2011

back in the swing of things

It has been a busy last few weeks! For those of you who don't know, we have taken in a mommy cat and her two kittens as foster animals and have been working on taming them so they can be adopted (and I do mean "working", it's been like a part time job!) With managing them, our other two cats, Palmer, and piano lessons, time is flying by! I can't believe Palmer is almost 6 months old.

Some of Tyler's extended family was in town last weekend and then I went on a 3 day trip to Fredericksburg with a few friends. It was hard to be away from Palmer for two nights, but I made it! I couldn't resist waking him up when I got home Wednesday night to snuggle a little. I am REALLY done with pumping for a while now. Phew! I think since I have so much in the freezer I'll just start thawing that for his rice cereal instead of pumping a little each morning. Good riddance Medela! (Though I do recommend the electric and manual ones I have.)

Palmer started a new unit of Kindermusik today and it was the most fun we've had at class yet! Even in this short 2 week hiatus he has changed so much and is even more into the other babies, instruments, and music. I love to see him smile and laugh at the other kids in the class- it's actually the same reaction he has to the cats at home. I get a little exercise there too, plus it makes me get dressed. I can't wait til the weather cools down so we can get out more during the day- Palmer loves a change in scenery!

Here is a picture of Palmer with a new favorite toy. . .


and looking like a big boy in the Bumbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment