Friday, October 18, 2013

it's FALL!

I used to be a summer person.  After lifeguarding for 6 years, the heat didn't phase me.  Fast forward to pregnant life with a toddler and a baby and I was a hermit all summer.  I'm so glad to have the heat gone and be free to actually go outside in the AFTERNOON.  Revolutionary.  Another bonus to cooler weather is getting to pull out the boys' new woolies for the winter.  Love me some sustainablebabyish longies!  If you're not in the cloth diapering world, what I said probably makes no sense.  ;)  Anyway, yay Fall!!!  I love the crispness in the mornings and the hot slow cooked dinners. Mmmm.  Not to mention the family time and baked goods.  Tyler and I have been discussing names for baby girl and I just love the name Autumn!  I could be getting a tad caught up in the weather change.

Geared up to watch a game at Kay Kay's!
our fall look
one of the few times he wasn't crawling toward the street
On to the boys.  Russell is BUSY.  And sometimes cranky.  But mostly busy and happy!!  He is getting his bottom molars, working up the guts to walk, chasing his big brother around all the time, and having meltdowns when I won't let him play in the dishwasher.  (Substitute the word dishwasher with freezer, toilet, trash can, all equally desirable).  Russell imitates lots of words and likes to mimic animal noises and brother screaming.  He knows all-done in baby sign language and communicates the end of a meal well by dropping all his food on the floor.  We're working on weaning him off of the bottle, but I have a feeling the pre-nap and and bedtime bottles are here to stay for a few more months.  It puts him to sleep.  Which is a precious precious thing.

Russell can't wait to keep up with Palmer!
SANDBOX!!
sweetie
another sweetie. . . yes that's a cat tree in the background
Palmer finally loves school!  This week has been an epiphany for him.  He's actually excited to go to MDO on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I love hearing from his teachers what they've been doing and I'm so glad it's no longer a stressful thing for him.  Palmer loves his planes and trains right now and it's a constant battle with baby Russell to not dismantle the train tracks.  Lots of shrieking and yelling involved during train play.  I do my best to mediate and stay patient through all the sibling conflicts that are ALREADY coming up!  Nobody told me the fighting starts so early!  Palmer is constantly learning to share better, and Russell is learning to push his brother's buttons.  Deep breaths.  Of course they are so fun and precious and a joy to have around too!
trying to correct his spill
cheesy grin

growling is his new noise 
just being handsome

flying his Dusty Crophopper glider

wooooo!

and into the ground goes Dusty



No comments:

Post a Comment