Thursday, October 11, 2012

2 weeks old

Russell went to the pediatrician yesterday for the first time! My mom was very nice to come along and control Palmer during the visit, thank goodness- he is a wild man. Russell is already 10 lb 5 oz!  The doctor confirmed that he is perfectly healthy and BIG, as we already knew :) 94th percentile in weight, 99th in height, and above the 99th in head circumference.  He nursed quite a bit after his weigh in, so he could have been even a couple ounces heavier!

Russell loves to nurse and would do just that all day, in a sleepified state, if he was allowed to. I try to spur him through his feedings with feet tickling and other methods to keep him awake.  This way I'm not nursing quite all the time!  We are getting a decent amount of sleep, probably because I give in really easily to letting him sleep snuggled up next to me after nursing.  Swaddled in his pack and play/ cosleeper type thing, he generally only stays asleep 30 mins at a time. Ugh.  Sleeping next to me after falling asleep nursing, he will sleep a couple hours! Russell generally gets a burst of energy around 3 or 4 and is wide awake for an hour or so, but he is normally in an ok mood as long as he doesn't have hiccups.

Hmm, what else to share. . . Oh, he has blue eyes for now, and darker brown hair than Palmer started out with. We have been cloth diapering Russell and I am happy to say only two disposable diapers are in the trash from this two week time span!  Russell enjoys looking at our living room lamp, napping in his swing, and being carried around. . . everywhere.  He screams in the car and sleeps in the Moby. Love my new little boy!

I can't get my iPad to let me upload pics so I will post some later from the desktop


No comments:

Post a Comment