Saturday, April 7, 2012

precious moments

I had to get a few of these down while they were fresh on my mind- enjoy!

There are moments every day that I sit back and just marvel at what Palmer can do and how precious he is! The other day he sat in his room, methodically taking each board book out of the basket. He would "read" it, briefly, then set it in a stack to his left and take out another book. He did this for probably 15 minutes! Nevermind that the book was often read upside down :) What a big boy! It's neat to see him playing independently and see those tiny wheels turning in his mind.

He knows what a lot of words and phrases mean now, and it's so neat when he responds to something I say! If in the right mood, he'll cooperate with "let's put it back" and "shut the door", and he's more than happy to show you where his toes are if asked! Palmer is imitating me more and more lately. Yesterday, I laid down on my side on the floor where he was playing with his blocks and he immediately flopped himself down on his belly and rested his little head. He also loves to try and put sheet music and books up on the piano for me to play.

Ever since he started sitting up, Palmer has always crossed his feet at the ankles. It makes him look so innocent no matter what sort of trouble he's getting into! I like that he's still doing it since there are some cute little habits he's dropped along the way. He used to twirl his wrists around in circles whenever he was holding a toy, blanket, or anything else! It was like a test to see if the object was satisfactory. I hope we have it on video somewhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment