Monday, December 26, 2011

11 months

Palmer is such a big boy! He had a very fun Christmas and has more toys than he knows what to do with now. He especially loves the play table my mom gave him and putting things in and out of the little trunk on his walk n ride from Tyler and I. I can't wait for Tyler to put together Palmer's slide that Kay got him in the backyard. I think as soon as he walks he'll like to slide (with help of course). I'll do a few Christmas posts soon with lots of pictures :)

He had a bit of a cold over the past week with congestion and a runny nose. It's so sad to see your baby all stuffed up and sad! This gave us a few nights of very choppy sleep, but I think it's clearing up now. Palmer goes to bed between 6:30 & 7:30 and stays in his crib 11-12 hours, depending on the night. We successfully cut out the feeding at 3 or 4 am, but sometimes he has to be soothed back to sleep.

Palmer also experienced his first lingering diaper rash this past week. I'm not sure how much it bothered him, but we switched to disposable diapers for a few days so we could use Desitin on it. They make diaper rash cream to be used with cloth diapers (it doesn't "clog" up the fabric), but I haven't needed it til now!

He loves to eat and will gobble up Cheerios as long as you'll let him. He likes other crunchy finger foods too, and yogurt! He gets very excited about yogurt. New things he's had lately are whole green peas, blueberries, and cubed avocado. Half of these types of things end up on the floor, so mealtime can be quite messy. I'm still making purees for him since he doesn't get enough calories from the snacks alone. Lately I've made him carrot/apple, yellow squash/pea, and potato/spinach. I thin out the potato/spinach puree with beef broth to make it smooth.


He also totally sucks down these snacks called "Grabbers" made by Gerber. I recently found them in the Target brand for about $0.60 less though- YESS! They are basically fruit puree in a pouch that a toddler can hold and drink out of. It is so handy to give him these in the grocery store to keep his tummy full while I shop!

Oh, Palmer did something new and exciting especially for the holiday! On Christmas Eve, we went down to Plano for the Christmas Eve service at church and annual nacho night with the Nicholas family. He really liked the children's service with the nativity scene kids in costume and all the singing going on. That night after lots of eating, playing, and socializing it was finally time for Palmer to go to bed. Everyone waved to him before we left the room and he waved back! It was soooo cute. Palmer is great entertainment and we have loved having him around this Christmas- I know that next year will be even better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment