Saturday, April 23, 2011

missing him

Friday was my first day back at school and it went very well! I got a very warm welcome back from students and teachers, (especially those who had unpleasant dealings with my long term sub). I was able to pump just before school started and twice during my conference period and I got the full twelve ounces that Palmer drank while I was away! It's nice to know I'm able to pump enough so hopefully we can stay exclusively breastfeeding for a while longer. On the flip side, it takes up a big chunk of time in my conference period! It works out well that the AP exam is just around the corner so I won't have much planning to do for that class from here on out.

I got a little teary when I kissed Palmer goodbye in the morning before school and a few times during the day when people asked me if I missed him, but I think I held up pretty well considering I had never been away from him for more than 4 hours til yesterday! Tyler and Kay sent me a few pictures during the day to my school email so I got to see Palmer's cute little face. TAKS is next week so I'll be able to get out of school pretty quick after the bell and home to see my sweet boy. I know he's well taken care of with everyone who will be keeping him over the next 6 weeks, but I'm happy to know that starting in June I get my full time mom job back.

We attempted to get a family photo last weekend before Tyler and I went out to dinner for our 3rd anniversary, but it's hard to get a little baby to look at the camera! Oh well, we will try again tomorrow on Easter :) Here's this one in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment