Wednesday, October 13, 2010

yuck!

So I thought I was avoiding a few of the unpleasant pregnancy side effects, but it seems they are beginning to show up. . . It looked like I flossed my teeth with a knife tonight my gums were bleeding so much! Apparently your blood volume increases up to 50% throughout pregnancy and this combined with hormonal changes makes your gums tend to bleed more easily. Yikes!

I also purchased my first package of TUMS over the weekend- what a memorable milestone. It's pretty random when my heartburn gets bad during the day. Sometimes I haven't eaten anything spicy or greasy at all! (For example, a turkey sandwich???) At night I have to try to eat early though because as soon as I lay down to go to sleep anything still in my stomach starts to burn into my esophagus. Anyway, I just try and think of the tums as sweet tarts. . . which they are vaguely similar to.

P.S. We just have a couple of shelves to hang in the nursery and I'll post pictures soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment